Saturday, April 11, 2009

Is this Britain's Steppin Fetchin?

I love British Comedy. That is my entertainment. I believe the British are the best in Non fiction programming and Comedy while the Americans are strong in Fiction. Its painful to watch British Dramas unless of course they are period pieces. So, I catch up with this stuff, thanks to the Internet. Blacks of West Indian origin have made great inroads into the British Media while the Africans have barely got in.

Now there is one promising one, who according to the British may be entertaining but to Americans may be highly offensive. The first Black woman in the Western Hemisphere to have her own comedy sketch show, Nigerian born, Jocelyn Jee Esien. Some of her pieces make me wonder if she isn't the modern day female version of Steppin Fetchin.